Indulge your taste buds in a culinary adventure with the mouthwatering recipe of Spinach Rice with Veggies in Tandoori Sauce. This delightful dish combines the smoky flavors of tandoori sauce with a nutritious medley of vegetables, perfectly complemented by the vibrant and healthy spinach rice. Get ready to tantalize your senses and embark on a culinary journey that celebrates the fusion of flavors and the goodness of vegetables.
For Veggies in Tandoori Sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic chilly paste
- 1/3 cup zucchini
- 1/3 cup mushroom
- 1/3 cup baby-corn (boiled)
- 1/3 cup mixed bell papers
- 1/3 cup broccoli (blanched)
- 1 teaspoon chilly flakes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon wheat flour
- 500 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted kasuri methi
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- Small handful chopped fresh coriander
How to Make
- Heat a wok over high heat, then add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ginger garlic chili paste and saute for a few minutes.
- Next, add the zucchini and mushroom, toss over high heat for a minute, and then add the remaining vegetables and chili flakes. Toss all of the vegetables together once more over high heat for a minute.
- Set them aside until you make the tandoori sauce.
- Then, heat a pan over medium heat and add the butter. Add the wheat flour once the butter has melted, stir well, and cook over low heat until the flour takes on a sandy consistency.
- Once the flour becomes sandy, add milk in three batches while whisking it continously. Make sure there no lumps, whisk the same until it becomes smooth.
- Once the sauce gets smooth, add all of the spices in powder form and stir well. Cook the sauce over a medium flame for another two to three minutes, then turn off the heat.
- After that, to add a smoky flavour to the sauce, place a bowl with a small piece of live charcoal over it and drizzle with melted ghee. Then place a lid on the pan and wait two to three minutes.
- After a couple of minutes, remove the cover and the live charcoal, turn off the gas, add the tossing vegetables, stir well and cook for two minutes.
Finally, taste the sauce and adjust the salt to taste, then top with chopped coriander and your veggies in tandoori sauce is ready.
For Spinach Rice
- 1 bunch of Spinach
- 8-10 leaves of mint
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- 2 no green chilies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 no. onion (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1.5 cup basmati rice (cooked)
How to Make
- Firstly, add the spinach to boiling water and let it boil for 15-20 seconds then immediately transfer it to cold water .
- Next, add the blanched spinach to a mixer grinder jar with the mint, coriander, and green chili, and blend everything until smooth.
- To make the spinach rice, heat the butter and olive oil in a hot wok. When the oil is heated, add the garlic, ginger, and onion. Stir-fry the ingredients for a few minutes over a high heat.
- Add the spinach puree, salt, sugar, and red chili flakes once the onions become a light golden brown. Stir well and cook for three to four minutes over a medium heat.
- Stir in the basmati rice to coat it with the spinach puree, and simmer for another two to three minutes.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and stir well and your rice with spinach is ready.
Can I use other vegetables in spinach rice recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different vegetables based on your preference and seasonal availability. You can try adding carrots, cauliflower, or even paneer (Indian cottage cheese) for a twist.
Is this dish suitable for vegans?
While the tandoori sauce used in the recipe may contain dairy products, you can easily make a vegan version by using a plant-based yogurt substitute. Additionally, ensure that the tandoori sauce you choose is free from any animal-based ingredients.
Can I prepare the marinade in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the marinade ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. This allows the flavors to develop further, enhancing the taste of the dish when you’re ready to cook.
Experience the delightful fusion of flavors and the goodness of vegetables with the tantalizing Spinach Rice With Veggies in Tandoori Sauce. This dish not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides a host of nutritional benefits. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress and become a favorite among family and friends. So, get ready to elevate your culinary skills and enjoy a memorable dining experience with this flavorful delight.